We signed Alivia and Elijah up for baseball. Alivia's team is the BEE'S. Elijah is on the MARLINS. At Alivia's 1st practice, she got a baseball to the mouth. She was bleeding all over the place, and when I looked in her mouth, her 2 front teeth were blowing in the wind. Yes, the permanent ones. I thought I was going to cry. I called Grandpa Lou. On his great advise, I took her to the ER, who called in Dental. We were at the Dental office until 10:00 that night. They numbed her and shoved them back into place, and wired them all together. Soft diet for 3 weeks, and a REALLY fat lip. Scott calls her "The Botox Beauty." She was so brave. She went to the very next practice (with a mouth guard) I told her that she didn't have to keep playing, and she said..."Mom, if you fall off a horse, you just get right back on." She is amazing!!
Besides the 1st practice, they are having a blast, and are improving everytime they play. It is extremely entertaining to watch.

3 comments:
Ouch!!! Poor Alivia. Braden hit a tree skiing 2 year ago and broke his front permanent tooth off inside his lip. I guess after all is said and done it creates a memory. Does she still have her teeth then? They are just wired in?
You really do have the greatest kids. It is so great to see and hear about all the great things you guys are doing. You really do "Bloom where you are planted."
She's one tough cookie!! That's awesome that she got back on that horse:)
Post a Comment