Yesterday was Armed Forces Day! Alivia and Elijah signed up to participate in a kids run. Alivia's age group ran 2 miles. She wasn't going to run it, but changed her mind at the last minute. She had worn her flip flops instead of her tennis shoes. She was determined to run anyway. She ran one lap in her flip flops, and 7 laps barefoot. She was so happy that she finished, and we were so proud of her, for finishing in Alivia Style. She is one of a kind!!
Elijah's age group ran 1/2 a mile. He was so fast, and so funny. He was ahead the whole time, and not even looking like he was trying. He was running with a girl, Ally, in his Kindergarten class most of the time. At the end of the race, she started getting really tired and slowing down. Elijah stayed right with her, and kept telling her that..."You can do it. Keep going.." It was so cute. I am so proud of him for being such a great friend. It was so exciting to see him come in 1st place. I don't think that he even realized he had won the race. It was just something he was having fun doing.

1 comments:
How cute! I can see Alivia being so determined to finish regardless. :) I can see both of them as runners, actually.
Post a Comment