September 21, 2008

Can It Be?




Tonight my THREE oldest kids went to their first church dance! The Stake organized a two part activity for the 12-14 year olds. The first part of the activity was a luncheon, where they were taught proper manners,etc. Tonight was the second part where they were taught the proper way to dance. You know the drill....Be polite, ask nicely, don't say NO, etc. Good helpful activities, for the future.
It was quite a bit of work to convince my boys to go. Allie was alright with the whole thing. Joe was a little apprehensive. Sam was planning on spending the night in the church bathroom.
I went to pick them up (a little early) and just could not refrain myself from sneaking a peek. They were all having a great time! On the way home I got all the gory details. Sam went to go to the bathroom, but they had GUARDS at the doors, so he HAD to dance. (So much for the great plan) Joe thought it was a lot of fun. Allie was mad, because just as the guy, she wanted to ask her to dance, was heading her way, her DUMB brother jumped in front of him and asked her to dance instead. Here is the killer... When she told him (Joe) this in the car. He replied "Allie, I was just protecting you!" Allie hurls back. "I'll never go on a date let alone get married, because they will always be protecting me!" I just drove the car home with a big smile on my face. It is soooooo good to see that protective side. Can it be? They actually are concerned about each other's well being? I think that its GREAT! I am also glad that we still have a year and a half until they can go to the regular church dances. That will be a bit scary!

4 comments:

Amy

Sara,
So fun to catch up and see how you are doing. So it looks like Scott is an LDS Chaplain. Wow, what great experiences, but hard too, because he's gone a lot. I loved the Stake Dance story. What cute kids!

carey

those kids are growing up way too fast. I hate that we are too far away to see it. :( I can't believe poor Sam yesterday!!! And poor you!!! I wish we could help somehow...hang in there, Sar.

JENNIFRO

That was the CUTEST post. What darling kids. I can't believe how fast everyone is growing up. Seems like yesterday we were hearing you say, "Night Ty, love you" in the Idaho house. Well....maybe not YESTERDAY.

jill

Oh my gosh! They are so cute! That Allie is beautiful! I LOVE that her brothers are so protective, doesn't that just warm your heart and make you want to shout halleluljah when they show signs of love for each other?!

I miss you and your family, it's been WAY too long... You're an amazing mother!