June 23, 2009

Scrapbook Failure!


The first 10 years of our marriage, I was very devoted to scrapbooking everything. I use to even scrapbook every Thursday night at a friend's house for 2 years. When we moved to NM, I stopped. Then I had a huge pile of pictures, and it just looked to daunting. Then I started putting all my pictures on my computer, and never printing them, because I was to cheap to go to Walgreen's and pay them. To ease the guilt, I started to blog. I found a website, www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have a link on their page to a book company that prints blogs and turns them into a hard bound book. At first it sounded to good to be true. I thought it would be a fortune, but thought that I would just go along and then dream of a time that I could afford to print it. To my surprise, it was only $51.55 to print my entire blog for the last 2 years. I am so excited! I even started to tear up when I hit the "Purchase" button. I didn't know that the guilt was that deep. I literally feel so much better, just knowing that in 3 short weeks I will have a scrapbook of the last 2 years in my hands. I hope it turns out nice. I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Gary & Nicole Cordray

I've been a scrapbook failure lately, too. I'm familiar withe the GUILT! I'm excited to see how you like your new blog book. Maybe I'll have to give it a try.

carey

This is awesome! Make sure and let us know how it turns out. I'm anxious to get mine printed. I wonder what the difference is between this link & the one on blurb? Regardless, this is MY kind of scrapbooking!!! ;)

Living Lavallee

That seems like the way to go! I'm all for guilt free. Thanks for your comment. No baby yet; still waitin' and hopin' and wishin' and prayin'...

The Bryce Family

Let me know how you like your book - I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Did you use blurb? Was it easy? Do you get to choose different backgrounds on each page or all the same?