November 9, 2008

NO MORE CANDY !


About one month ago, I found a brown bag shoved way in the back of one of my cupboards. I opened it to find last year's Halloween candy! oh yeah! Just in time! We just do not seem to eat our Halloween candy. I heard on the radio that the day after Halloween, this dentist in town, buys halloween candy for $1.00 a pound. I ran it by my kids and so Saturday morning, we loaded into the van and sold our candy. We had approximately 20 lbs of candy. That is a whole lot of candy. The dentist packs all that candy up and sends it to the troops in Iraq. He was telling us that the troops then keep it in their pockets and give it to the kids in Iraq. How cool is that? I think that we have started a new tradition!