April 17, 2008

Our Family Members



As most of you know, animals are like family members. We had a really bad week. We lost two of our family members. The first thing that happened was Malachi had to be put to sleep. He was only two years old, but had been suffering from seizures for almost a year. Medication was no longer helping, and he started hallucnating, walking into walls, and lost 15 pounds in three weeks. It was a really hard decision, but he is no longer suffering.
Three days after Malachi's passing, Phinneus, our cat, went missing. I had seen some Coyotes in the arroyo, behind our house, earlier that day. Phinn, never came home. We think that he is up in a field with Malachi, playing and enjoying eternal life. We will miss them both terribly.

2 comments:

carey

So sad. :( Sorry, Sara. When Scott gets back, I think you and I should head to a spa for a solid week. You deserve it much more than I do, though.

Jayne Layne

Bummer! That is really sad! Sorry for your losses!